July 24, 2016

DAVIDO GIVING TIPS ABOUT WEARING RIPPED JEANS.



If anyone had told me 3years  ago that I’d not only be wearing ripped jeans but actually loving wearing them, I would have laughed quite loudly at the suggestion.
I did the ripped thing back in the day – when the early ’90s were leveraging themselves out of the ’80s and into the grunge for which the era would be known.
When I say I did the ripped thing, I should clarify it. I did it with one garment – a pair of denim boyfriend shorts.
Boy did I love those shorts. Until the rip got too big and I thought my legs didn’t need quite that much ventilation.
This year I pulled on these jeans from Bohemian Traders and it was instant love. Recently I was also sent a pair from jack n jones i fell in love with it


I’ve tried to analyse the appeal.
Is it the anti-fashion nature of the garment? The contrast factor of wearing something ripped or distressed alongside something pristine.
Do they make me feel tough? Or young? Nostalgic?
Possibly all of the above, if I really think about it.
Given that my criteria (and it should be your criteria too) for deciding what takes up my valuable wardrobe real estate is highly dependent on how I feel in a garment, then these two pairs of jeans are very much here to stay.


Ripped jeans style tips

1. Rips or no rips – your jeans need to fit you well. Take the time to try on lots of pairs to find ones that fit your legs, are firm enough that you struggle to put two fingers between your tummy and the waistline and are cut to off your shape to your best advantage. If comfort is a primary factor for your jeans wearing, then opt for a pair that have stretch in the fabric. Remember the more stretch in the fabric, the more the jeans are likely to “give”, so the more you need to buy them firm to start with. Conversely, jeans without stretch will give very little on wearing, so buy to feel good on first try.

2. It’s all about the contrast. The very fact that your jeans are ripped means that you are contrasting a streamlined garment with something less fussy. Contrast that even further buy opting for shape and structure in the rest of your outfit. It’s about mixing the “tough” with the soft. Any time you achieve that contrast you’re creating an outfit with greater interest and appeal.

3. Don’t worry that you think you’re too old to wear ripped jeans. The moment we start to pigeon-hole our style into a number, our thoughts get distorted. Instead, think objectively as to whether this is a style that you feel confident wearing or it’s a style that fits part or all of your lifestyle. There’s no use forcing it. Maybe the holes would drive you crazy and you’d want to mend them? Only wear if you feel confident doing so.

4. Worried about flashing skin? Look for designs that have a layer of cotton fabric under the rip or rips that aren’t completely open.

5. Do the rips yourself. As one follower pointed out on Instagram, she struggles with the thought of buying a pair of jeans that are ripped. The way around this is to work either with an old pair that you own and could do with a fresh take or buy a cheaper pair and DIY rip. Either way, you’ll reduce the financial risk of trying a trend that you may not be sure is for you. Try Denim and other brandsbasic denim jean. Google for help.
#everydaystyle ripped jeans


No comments: